Immunity Juice Recipe
Immunity juice with carrots, apples, and ginger. This is one of our morning favorites, and we’re so excited to share it with you! Juicing is such an easy way to consume multiple servings of fruits and veggies in one glass. Not only is juicing a great pick me up, but also loaded with energy and nutritional content.
How to cut the carrots
Lets start talking about carrots. Start by peeling the carrots with a vegetable peeler.
After the carrots are all peeled, chop off the ends. Cut the carrots down into 2 inch sections. Once you have cut the sections, slice the logs in half, then several more times depending on your juicer. Your juicer may be able to juice whole carrots, or smaller pieces depending on the model. Our juicer is a smaller cold-press juicer, which reccommends cutting pieces no bigger than 2cm x 2cm x 6cm. Cutting the carrots smaller will also help to measure the ingredients amounts properly.
Next, lets talk about an effective way to peel ginger. Ginger can be an intimidating ingredient to use because of its odd shape and difficulty to peel. We have found that a spoon works extremely well. The skin is light enough so that scraping the root with the edge of your spoon will remove the skin. The small tip of a spoon allows for easier peeling inside of any groves or bends in the ginger root. Once the skin is removed cut into small pieces. You are now ready to begin juicing!
Antioxidants in immunity juice!
Is juice is such an easy way to get loads of antioxidants into your system. Ginger, not only does this nutrient packed root give any juice a nice zing, but is high in gingerol; which, contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties. This makes ginger an essential go-to for post work out juice. Since it also helps with inflammation, studies show it may reduce muscle soreness induced by exercise and even daily muscle pain.
In addition, ginger is a great alternative to ease nausea, indigestion and stomach discomfort.
Like carrots and ginger, apples, are just as great but even more versatile when juicing because they create a naturally sweet juice that pairs well with any fruit or veggie in our opinion. Apples are rich in important antioxidants. Apples also may reduce the risk of cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. Wow! What an amazing and healthy combination to create this healthy and delicious carrot apple ginger juice!
Immunity Juice Recipe
- 3 Cups Carrots Raw, peeled and cut into 2in sticks
- 3 Cups Apples Cores removed
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Skin removed
- Start by peeling the carrots with a vegetable peeler. After the carrots are all peeled, chop off the ends. Cut the carrots down into 2 inch sections. After cutting the sections, slice the logs in half, then several more times depending on your juicer.
- Next take the apples and cut around the center to remove the core. If you have an apple corer, these work well to minimize food waste. Roughly chop the apple slices, so that they are about the width of the carrots.
- Finally, peel and cut the ginger. We have found that a spoon works extremely well when peeling ginger.
- Slowly add the pieces into the juicer. We ususally like to add the carrots first, followed by the ginger, and finished with the apple.
- Serve chilled and immediately to recieve the prana of all the delicious fruits and vegetables.